To get the most out of your new soy wax candle it is important to care for it correctly. Soy wax candles burn and behave differently to traditional paraffin wax candles (in all the best ways) but they do require a bit more TLC.
- When you first light your candle, let it burn long enough so that the melt pool reaches the edge of the glass (2-3 hours). Doing this prevents the candle tunneling and ensures an even burn with every use! It also gives adequate time for the fragrance to be released. If you do not let the candle burn for long enough on the first go it is likely that it will not burn correctly for future use. This is one of the most important soy candle care tips! I suggest doing this when you have some time to spare. Make a cup of tea, curl up with a book and relax. Don’t leave your candle burning unattended!
- Never burn a candle for more than four hours. Doing this risks the candle getting too hot and the fragrance being burned off resulting in a poor scent throw and a scentless candle.
- Keep the wick trimmed to -5mm. All of White Rook Candles come pre- trimmed, but keeping it at this length creates a clean burn and maintains the flame at a safe length. It also prevents the wick breaking off in to the wax, which just looks gross.
- All of White Rook Candles are natural and also dye and additive free. This means that they are not perfectly white. Soy wax also changes colour depending on the fragrance used and they can be different hues of white, cream and sometimes yellow if there is vanilla in the candle.
- As soy is a natural wax, it continues to expand, contract and change. Soy candles can have a frosted appearance and the wax doesn’t always adhere right against the glass, but this does not affect the candles performance at all. It is simply one of the quirks of using natural materials and is a great indication that you have a 100% soy wax candle with no nasties inside!
I hope you love your new candle! Don’t forget to leave a review after your purchase so I can see what you think! If you would like to purchase a candle, click here.